Working together with all our employees, and providing the best quality service to ensure the satisfaction of our guests is our essential goal. In line with this goal:
As Gypsophila Club Marine Hotel, we are aware of our legal responsibilities and have made it a principle to comply with legal requirements in all product-service processes.
Safety and Rights of Our Employees
The safety of our employees is paramount.
We fulfill all our legal obligations to protect the safety and rights of our employees. Minimizing and preventing risks that may endanger the health and safety of our employees are our main objectives. To achieve this, it is our most important rule to raise awareness through training, protect human rights, and ensure equal rights for all employees without discrimination.
Our guests are our future.
The satisfaction, as well as the complaints of our guests who choose to stay at the hotel, are highly valuable to us. We consider guest reviews, complaints, suggestions, and satisfaction from all sources as the greatest opportunity to improve ourselves.
In all our activities, we foresee and take relevant measures for the possible effects on the environment, increase environmental awareness, control our natural resource consumption and waste generation, reduce environmental pollution, use environmentally friendly products, and preserve environmental balance and biodiversity. Our main goal is to achieve continuous improvement while carrying out these activities in line with the established targets and to ensure that our employees provide services with environmental awareness through regular training.
Our principle is to use all our energy resources in the most efficient way and prioritize energy conservation while achieving it.
To provide our guests and employee stakeholders with quality and safe products, it is our fundamental principle to implement a system in accordance with Food Safety principles throughout the food supply, storage, and production chain, prioritizing hygiene and sanitation.
Supporting the Local Economy and Sustainable Purchasing Practices
At Gypsophila Club Marine, we have an environmentally friendly policy that aims to reduce water, energy, and waste, and we are aware of the requirements of this policy. We practice environmentally friendly purchasing from our suppliers. We are aware of how important our impact on the development of the local economy is and its contribution to sustainability.
Our Sustainable Tourism Policy
At Gypsophila Club Marine, we aim to contribute to the improvement of the local economy, the preservation of natural and cultural heritage, and the enhancement of the quality of life for the local community and visitors. We achieve this by fully considering the current and future economic, social, and environmental impacts of our activities, minimizing these impacts, and continually improving while adhering to established targets. We provide regular training and awareness for our employees, comply with relevant national and legal obligations, fulfill international requirements, and strive to be an exemplary facility for the development of sustainable tourism in the industry.
Our Environmental Policy
AT GYPSOPHILA CLUB MARINE, WE CONSIDER ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH EQUIVALENT TO HUMAN HEALTH.
In line with this, we aim to foresee and take relevant measures for the potential environmental impacts in all our activities, increase environmental awareness, control our natural resource consumption and waste generation, reduce environmental pollution, use environmentally friendly products, and preserve environmental balance and biodiversity. We continually improve while carrying out these activities in line with established targets, provide regular training for our employees to raise environmental awareness, comply with relevant national and international legal obligations, ensure the reduction of occupational health and safety risks, facilitate consultation and participation of employees and employee representatives, and aim to be an exemplary facility for environmental consciousness in the industry.
At Gypsophila Club Marine, we determine the methods, authorities, and responsibilities for the safe disposal of all solid, liquid, gas, organic, packaging, medical, and hazardous wastes that arise during service provision and production stages, with the least harm to the environment. We select technologies that produce the least solid waste, reduce the amount of solid waste in our current production, ensure that harmful waste substances are not present in solid waste, and work with waste carriers/disposal companies for the evaluation and material recovery of solid waste. Our staff is informed about the importance of waste separation, and the separation process is monitored by waste separation departments.
Sufficient waste bins are placed throughout the facility to enable guests to separate their waste. We collaborate with relevant companies for the recycling of these separated wastes and ensure proper follow-up.
Separate bins have been placed in each section for the separate collection and recycling of recyclable waste, and the importance of the matter is constantly emphasized to the staff. Instead of single-use breakfast products, we purchase products in larger packaging containers to reduce packaging waste.
Refillable soap dispensers are used in the common areas of our hotel. The disposal of used oils into drains has been prevented through staff awareness training, and waste oils are collected and disposed of through oil separators. Waste cooking oils used in frying are accumulated in a waste oil collection depot for proper disposal.
To reduce paper consumption, we conduct our correspondence and announcements via email whenever possible. We strive to use polycarbonate and porcelain cups and plates instead of paper cups in bars and restaurants.
To ensure the environmentally safe disposal of hazardous waste generated in our hotels, we collect, label, and deliver hazardous waste from our departments to designated hazardous waste rooms under suitable conditions, for proper disposal or evaluation by licensed companies in accordance with legal requirements. We have designated waste battery containers at various points within the hotel to prevent environmental harm.
We control the amount of hazardous waste. We make sure that the materials we use contain no hazardous substances whenever possible, and those that do contain hazardous substances are disposed of properly.
Chemical substances are used in various areas of our lives, making our lives easier, but they can also have harmful effects and lead to negative consequences. We use chemicals in maintenance-repair activities and cleaning operations in our facilities. Cleaning in an environmentally conscious manner means being able to clean hygienically while minimizing negative impacts on health and the environment. The damage to the environment can be significantly reduced not only by using environmentally friendly cleaning products but also by using them sparingly and adjusting the dosage properly. This way, the overall harm of chemicals to the environment can be greatly reduced.
It is our priority that all chemicals we use are approved, labeled, and in suitable packaging and that we have access to Safety Data Sheets (SDS). The employees who handle chemicals are trained by the purchasing department on the usage of chemicals, information in the SDS, the quantity and methods of use, personal protective equipment requirements, and necessary precautions.
Our chemical storage facilities are equipped with the necessary measures to prevent leaks, spills, and other incidents that could harm the environment. Chemical storage is done in accordance with the type of chemical, the storage instructions of the manufacturer, and regulations.
We collaborate with relevant companies for the safe disposal of chemicals and track chemical waste. We control the usage of chemicals and provide staff training to prevent wasteful and incorrect usage of chemicals. We prefer concentrated products whenever possible. In our pools, we use automatic dosing systems that use minimal amounts of chemicals for appropriate hygienic practices.
For pest control services we receive from external companies, we ensure that the pesticides used are safe for human health and the environment. We strive to rely more on natural measures (flycatchers, adhesive paper, etc.).
In our chemical storage areas, we use leak-proof trays on all shelves to ensure proper chemical containment.
The total waste amounts for the years 2021-2022 are as follows:
Vegetable Oil Waste
One of the most important steps toward sustainability is ensuring energy efficiency. We measure energy consumption to identify issues and determine potential areas for savings. We prefer low-consumption equipment and systems. Energy savings are constantly analyzed through maintenance, supervision, and monitoring.
We aim for all the electronic products we purchase to be energy-efficient and provide training to all our employees on energy conservation. The following practices related to energy savings are implemented and maintained in our hotels:
- Our hotel has 170 solar panels, resulting in an annual savings of 85,000 m3 of LNG.
- The minibars, TVs, and air conditioning systems used in the rooms are A++ rated, resulting in electricity savings of up to 40% annually.
- Systems are used in all rooms that automatically deactivate heating/cooling devices when the balcony door is opened.
- To achieve energy savings and reduce hazardous waste, energy-efficient lighting or LED lights are used instead of incandescent or mercury-containing bulbs in all rooms and public areas.
- The overall building perimeter lighting, heating, and cooling systems in our hotels are controlled through automation.
- Motion-sensitive sensor lights are used in all applicable guest common areas and a significant portion of employee areas in our hotels.
- Various areas within the facility are designed to utilize daylight and reduce energy consumption.
- Electronic key cards are used in our rooms.
- Low standby power consumption TVs are used in our rooms.
- Employees are educated on closing the curtains when guests are not in the room.
- Our minibars are positioned away from heat sources to achieve energy savings.
- The curtains of unoccupied rooms are kept closed during the summer season and open during the winter season to reduce the usage of climate control devices.
- Stor curtains are used in all meeting rooms, restaurants, and bar units to save energy from air conditioning.
- Cooling air curtains are used on doors opening from general areas where the cooling system operates, such as terraces, gardens, etc.
- Regular maintenance and cleaning of all electrical devices are carried out to minimize potential energy losses.
- The wicks and gaskets of cold units, freezers, ice machines, and ovens are periodically checked, and worn-out ones are replaced.
- Efforts are made to minimize the opening of cold unit doors for short periods and less frequently. Hot food is cooled in Blast Chillers before being placed in cold units.
- Convectional stoves are preferred over traditional stoves.
- Machines used in the kitchen and laundry areas have usage instructions, and our employees are knowledgeable about the machine operation.
- Electricity consumption is reduced thanks to frequency inverters in heating system pumps, hydro pumps, and main air conditioning units.
Water consumption is significant in our facility due to daily activities, swimming pools, and living areas. Therefore, water usage and control are important to us.
To reduce general water consumption without compromising health, hygiene, and guest satisfaction, we use water-saving equipment, provide information to our guests on the topic, and educate our employees.
The following practices related to water savings are implemented and maintained in our hotel:
- Aerator attachments are installed on all room and general area faucets to limit water flow. Regular checks are conducted on aerators and they are replaced when necessary.
- The water flow rate of all room and general area sink faucets is adjusted not to exceed 5 liters per minute, and not to exceed 10 liters per minute in showers. Regular measurements are conducted, and corrective actions are taken if high flow rates are detected.
- Water-saving and/or dual-flush systems are used in guest and employee restrooms, ensuring that water consumption does not exceed 6 liters per flush. Additionally, visual labels are placed in employee and guest common areas to encourage water-saving practices.
- Sensor-operated urinals are installed in public restrooms.
- Drip and sprinkler systems are utilized for irrigation in our gardens.
- Towel and sheet changes in rooms are carried out based on guest requests, and guests are provided with information on this matter. If there is no specific guest request, towel and sheet changes are done every two days.
Annual Energy Consumption quantities and Per Capita Consumption quantities for the years 2021-2022 are shown in the following graphs.
Conservation of Natural Life
Our hotel is located in a magnificent natural environment where the greenery of the Beydağları Mountains, which mark the beginning of the Taurus Mountains, intersects with the blue waters of the Mediterranean. We are aware of the living beings that sustain their natural lives in this unique environment and its surroundings, and protecting them is our most important principle.
In order to involve guests from all nations and nationalities in our activities aimed at preserving natural life, we introduce them to all living beings in our hotel's garden, sea, and surroundings. For this purpose, three panels have been created and placed along the walking path, which is located at the central point of our hotel, to allow our guests to see and learn about the flora, birds, and marine creatures in our region.
In addition to doing our best to protect the existing living beings in our hotel, we also feed and raise animals such as roosters, hens, chickens, and rabbits to enrich and increase the diversity of the natural life.
Our Friend Homeless Animals
In order to provide shelter for the birds living in our region and our hotel, and to preserve natural life, bird nests were produced by our hotel's carpenter and hung on trees, allowing the birds to find a home. Additionally, we built cat houses for the cats living in the hotel to meet their shelter needs.
Other Activities to Protect the Environment
- Double-glazed windows were chosen for thermal insulation purposes in rooms and common areas.
- Guests are informed not to throw away books, magazines, and newspapers they have read and wish to dispose of. Instead, they are encouraged to leave them in our hotel's reading area. Similarly, guests are directed to select books, magazines, and newspapers they wish to read from our library.
- Our trained staff collects medical waste, syringes, and empty medicine boxes in a way that does not harm the environment or humans.
- Guests are recommended to use public transportation during city tours and are provided with information about routes.
- Time control panels are used in saunas to prevent unnecessary energy consumption.
- We are aware of our contribution to the local economy, therefore a large portion of the products we procure are sourced from the local market.
- All wastewater from our hotel is connected to Waste Water Treatment Facilities.
- Drip irrigation is implemented in all possible areas of the garden.
- No ozone-depleting CFC (Chlorofluorocarbon) gases are used in fire extinguishers and industrial cold storage rooms in our hotel.
- To protect nature, preserve the environment, and reduce carbon emissions, we transport our guests to their desired locations using electric Club Car vehicles. Additionally, our staff uses electric bicycles for their work.
- Dirty laundry is washed by Mavi Safir company to save water and energy.
- To contribute to the diversity of trees in our hotel and raise environmental awareness among our guests, tree planting activities are carried out in the hotel garden every year on April 23rd, together with our child guests.
Our Social Responsibilities and Contributions to the Community
We recognize that our hotel can uphold our values by being a community. We are aware of our social responsibilities and organize community activities based on volunteerism throughout the year, involving our employees and local residents.
We create internship opportunities for tourism students to gain work experience. We support our employees through training programs. We aim to promote our own employees to higher positions as much as possible, fostering growth together.
We collect blue caps for the Spinal Cord Paralytics Association
We support the "Plastic Cap Campaign" organized by the Spinal Cord Paralytics Association (TOFD) by collecting blue caps.
We bought gifts from LSV Shop for Mother's Day on May 4th.
By purchasing gifts for our female employees from LSV Shop, an LÖSEV (Foundation for Children with Leukemia) establishment, we supported LÖSEV on May 14th, Mother's Day.
We donate books to schools in our region.
We donated 184 books to 92 students in need at Kemer Industrial Vocational High School in our region.
We provide Ramadan aid packages to those in need in our region.
As part of the Brotherhood Bridge project established by Kemer Municipality, we provided Ramadan aid packages to citizens in need.
We plant trees on April 23rd, National Sovereignty and Children's Day.
Every year on April 23rd, together with our child guests, we plant trees in the hotel garden to contribute to the diversity of trees on our premises and raise environmental awareness among our guests.
Staff Environmental Activities and Drills
As part of our annual training programs, our employees receive environmental education. The trainings cover topics such as reducing the consumption of natural resources, waste reduction and proper separation, procedures for hazardous waste, and conservation of natural life. The trainings are conducted both internally and externally. Through periodic training provided by our Environmental Officer, all our employees have been raised awareness about environmental issues. Additionally, we aim to raise awareness among employees who use chemicals by receiving chemical training from our supplier companies to standardize chemical consumption. Awareness has also been increased through training sessions from the Vegetable Waste Oil Company, which emphasize the importance of the environmental impact and proper collection of waste oil. Measures are taken to prevent any harm to the thousands of trees in our facilities in case of a fire. In this context,
- Fire training has been provided to our employees.
- Emergency teams have been formed.
- Fire drills have been organized.
Before the opening of each season, a tradition has been established to organize a hotel perimeter cleaning activity involving both staff and administrative personnel to instill awareness of environmental protection and nature conservation.